TripIt and turpal: Staying Organised as You Travel
TripIt and turpal - just a few among the countless travel apps available. Get to know them and how they can help you stay organised as you travel.
Staying Organised while Travelling
Let’s talk about travel and the details involved in it.
First, you’ve got flights and accommodations. They include directions to get to the latter and instructions for what to do when you get there. Also, you’ve booked tours with ticket information and directions on where to meet your guide.
The thing is, no matter where you go, or how long your trip is, you have confirmation numbers, flight numbers, and membership account numbers. Plus there’s check-ins, boarding, and/or connecting flight info.
Travelling for either business or pleasure can be both a fun and frustrating experience. That is why whether you are going to another city or country across the world, it’s important to be as organised as possible.
We are busy people. Now, more and more travellers are relying on their smartphones, always looking for ways technology can give them the best experience. Luckily, you can utilise some of today’s travel apps to make this easier than ever before. Travel apps are not only a source of inspiration but also extremely useful for managing logistics details at your fingertips. Staying organised while travelling isn’t just a stress-saver, but also a time- and money-saver, too.
There are plenty of apps to help with everything from day-of hotel bookings and last-minute flight changes, as well as those that organise receipts from business trips, compare fares, keep you on schedule, serve as guidebooks and foreign-language dictionaries, help you navigate a new city, make currency conversions, pack a perfect suitcase, look for restaurant reservations, and even provide on-the-ground local expertise. Whatever you need when you hit the road, there’s an app for that.
Founded in 2006 in San Francisco, TripIt is an app for organising all of the users’ trip information in one easy place. TripIt is free, but you can upgrade to TripIt Pro for extra features for $49 per year. It is available in the App Store and for Android devices.
How does it work? It’s easy:
- The app allows you to establish master itineraries for all of your upcoming travels. As you make reservations (for flights, accommodations, car rentals and shuttles, restaurants, and so on), you can forward those emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will automatically add all this information into your master itinerary, keeping your plans up-to-date.
- The app supports syncing with calendar apps like Apple iCal, Outlook, Google Calendar, and more; so, if you make changes in one calendar, you’ll see it reflected in your travel itinerary.
- You can also share your itinerary through TripIt with anyone you want to keep in the loop and send a text through the app.
- TripIt can help in securing a copy of your most important travel information as the app offers a Traveler Profile section that stores your important documents’ information and relevant contacts.
- The app has additional bells and whistles like flight tracking, a navigation system, and reviews on neighbourhood safety.
turpal is a technology solution for in-destination service providers such as DMCs, ITOs, and meeting professionals. It aims to reduce their operation cost and increase their revenue. But for this discussion, we will be looking at how it serves passengers.
It is an AI-powered system that comes in an app. It was developed to increase passenger’s satisfaction at the destination. Specifically, it has the following surefire functions and features:
- communication platform to your travel service provider
- manages all tours and activities in your itinerary
- has an Augmented Reality so upon your arrival in the airport, you can easily locate the airport reps, which in turn are ready to welcome you with a tablet that has your name on it
- gives schedule notifications and real-time updates
- has a recommender system that suggests activities and excursions you might love to experience, based on your personalities and preferences
turpal is true to its promise to the passengers/guests to become a pal on their trip.
Giving the Apps a Shot
TripIt and turpal are just a few among many travel apps developed for your travel needs and preferences. Next time you're looking to book travel – whether a romantic weekend getaway, a family vacation, or even your next business trip – activate your adventurous spirit and explore some of them. The Internet is a vast ocean of resources that will give you information and reviews from actual users.
Give ‘em a shot, and they’ll definitely streamline your journey, help you stay on budget, and maybe even give you some exciting new experiences along the way.